Monday, October 15, 2007

New 'Clef

Let me start by saying I am a huge Wyclef Jean fan. I would put his album the Carnival in my top 10 favorite of all time and when it came out back when I was in high school it changed my musical world. I was perusing Youtube today and came across an interview/performance that Wyclef did on the Google campus to bring awareness to the issues in his native Haiti as well as perform music and promote his new album. Here is chapter 4 of what I think is 9 chapters



Anyway as a fan I was very excited to hear that Wyclef was releasing a new album (I'm still waiting on that Fugees reunion album that was supposed to come out a few years back now). Apparently some of the music has leaked, as often happens, even though the album doesn't come out until December 4th. Below is a track that perfectly demonstrates the brilliance of Wyclef, a song in which he collaborates with Paul Simon!



This is a musician who has collaborated with people as diverse as Whitney Houston and Kenny Rogers and has the social awareness of Bono and Bob Marley. And the best part of this new album is that it is titled Carnival 2!

No comments: