Thursday, February 01, 2007

Beatles Song of the Week- resurrected



It's been awhile but this week definitely needs a Beatles song to go with it.

So I nominate and therefore declare the winner of Beatles Song of the Week (since I am the only one who votes for this thing) the song Hey Bulldog which is on the album Yellow Submarine.

I remember weird things about people. For example I know that Bob Saget's favorite Beatles song is Fixing a Hole. Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThere was a TV special on a few years ago about the impact of the Beatles music and they interviewed all these musicians and celebrities regarding their thoughts on the Beatles and I remember Bob Saget said his favorite Beatles song was Fixing a Hole and that stuck with me because I thought it was an interesting choice for favorite Beatles song. You could tell he was a real fan because only a real fan would pick that song as their favorite. Casual fans would pick Help! or Yesterday or She Loves You or some other single that reached #1 on the charts as their favorite Beatles song but only a real fan would pick Fixing a Hole. (a note of clarification: If your fave Beatles song is one that you can hear all the time on an oldies radio station that doesn't necessarily disqualify you as a real fan. But picking an obscure song as your fave definitely means that you are a true fan, at least in my book.)

Well anyway in my former life I used to work at Borders and I worked with this one guy who was a huge music geek and I remembered talking with him about the Beatles. I don't remember his name or really anything else about him but I remember him saying to me, "You know what Beatles song I really like? Hey Bulldog." He was a real fan.

No comments: