Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And now a word about MySpace



The real reason I even started this blog is because, for one reason or another, I feel like the internet actually has some sort of real communal potential. The MySpace phenomenon can't be denied. In an act of prideful rebellion I deleted my account a few months back and haven't missed it a bit. It just felt like the whole place was one big lie.

However, I do miss the opportunity to express myself that this wild frontier called the interweb affords. It may be a little Doogie Howseresque, but there is a sense of release that I get when I sit at my laptop for a few moments, writing out my thoughts or posting photos, and realizing that this whole mess will be in the etheric plane called cyberspace in a matter of seconds. Whether you stop by or not, it's there.

BTW- I made the modified myspace logo above so if you work in Rupert Murdoch's legal department...I'm the guy you want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first of all i love myspace and i think its a great place for FRIENDS!! second it makes the world a little smaller and brings people that wouldnt talk together....i dont think it will be long lasting i give it 10 years till it completely fizzles out but while its here im on it:) i have ran into a few pervs.:(