Friday, September 22, 2006

Beatles song of the week-2.0


This week I am gonna go with You Never Give Me Your Money as Beatles Song of the Week. It comes from the album Abbey Road which is such a unique Beatles album. It is hard to get into the album because it such an album of contrasts. For example listen to Something and Maxwell's Silver Hammer back to back. If you didn't know any better you would think it was two very different bands recording these songs. Or maybe more contrasted yet, listen to I Want You (She's So Heavy) and Here Comes the Sun back to back.

Well the reason I picked You Never Give Me Your Money off this album is because it's the moment that the album (finally) settles into a groove. When I hear the simple piano that opens the song I just start feeling like things fall into place and all will be ok with the world. And there is no better theology than the refrain that ends the song: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.
All good children go to heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like this picture, it makes me think of photo booth from apple.