Friday, September 08, 2006

The "Fantasy" is over

I made a big step in my life today. I cancelled my Yahoo account which was connected to both of my fantasy sports leagues (MLB and NFL). I just got sick of fake sports.

I am a huge sports fan and specifically I love baseball and college football. In both of those sports I have favorite teams, the Dodgers and USC Trojans respectively. Of course on my fantasy baseball team I had 5 or 6 Dodgers and on my fantasy football team I had almost all ex-Trojans. What I found out was fantasy sports has nothing in common with my love of real sports. I couldn't root for my team when I had guys on it that I didn't care for or didn't even like. I mean I actually at one point had two Angels on my baseball team and I can't stand the Angels. I felt like a fraud. It was fantasy at it's worst.

The funny part is all the other guys I played with are going to think I'm an idiot. In baseball my team was in the middle of the playoffs and the football season just started last night. However, I feel so free not having to check my lineup everyday and waste all that time that I could be spending on more important things, like playing video games or watching the Lost season 2 DVD (see post below).

No comments: