Friday, September 08, 2006

LOST



I am a huge Lost fan. It is easily my favorite show on TV, which isn't saying much because for the most part I despise TV. When a show like Arrested Development gets cancelled but Tyra Banks has two of her own shows, you know something is out of balance in the universe somewhere. I may go into a rant about how much I hate "reality" TV at some point later on, but I just don't have the energy right now.

Anyway, back to Lost. My bride and I went to Best Buy last night to pick up season 2 on DVD and brought it home to start going through some of the bonus features on disc 7. Let me tell you, there is so much awesome stuff on there! One of the main things I love about this show is that there is a conenction between those that are creating the show and the fans of the show. The people making the show recognize the fans and respond to them, rewarding them for their faithful following. This season 2 dvd is just one example of that, with over 8 hours of bonus features all compiled and presented as a "Dharma" orientation film. The Lost Experience ARG (alternate reality game) over the summer and the new airing schedule for season 3, allowing for back to back episodes to air without rerun interuption between are two other ways in which the fans of this brilliant show have been rewarded.

If you have not checked out Lost yet, do yourself a favor and buy season 1 on DVD, but please start from the beginning. Don't try to just start watching from the start of seaosn 3 beginning on October 4th. If you are one of the lucky people who know me, I would be happy to loan you season 1 on DVD.

No comments: