Monday, September 18, 2006

Let's see that one again

Conclusive Video Evidence
Man I hate bad officiating. And in this day and age where every little detail of a sporting event is covered in every possible angle, there is no way soemthing like this should happen. I am a huge USC fan and most of the time I will root for PAC-10 teams in interconference play, as was the case on Saturday in the Oklahoma Oregon game. But PAC-10 officials missing a call like this just makes the conference look bad. Why have instant replay if it doesn't work? I don't know one person who would look at the video evidence and say that #1 Oregon didn't touch the ball before it went 10 yards, and #2 Oregon recovered the kick. And yet someone did look at the video and concluded both of those things. The link above proves that whether they touched the ball or not Oklahoma recovered the kick. How can the officials clear out the pile and then give possession to Oregon when the ball was in the hands of an Oklahoma player?

It really hurts me to write all this, because I hate Oklahoma as much as the next USC fan, but they got robbed.

If I was as much an Oregon fan as I am a USC fan I would be ashamed of that victory.

No comments: