Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Mars Volta and Jesus



This is a picture of my favorite tattoo of mine. I originally got the idea from the liner notes of the album by The Mars Volta called "Deloused in the Comatorium". Seeing the picture reminded me of rescue and salvation and specifically it reminded me of the story of Peter's failed attempt to walk on water. He has to call out to Jesus while he is drowning and Jesus saves him.

I have 3 other tattoos that I may or may not post on here later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my "favorite" tattoo that you have. i remember thinking "how interesting" the first time and i saw it and wanting to know its story.

Anonymous said...

I like that tattoo too. It is cool. I think it does capture the idea of Peter as well.

Anonymous said...

BTW - What is the Tattoo visible in the pic of your wife? Under her arm?

Tim Bower said...

She has a tat under each of her arms that are two different hebrew words for love